Friday, 22 February 2013

How To | Book Hearts


 Okay so this isn't going to be what you would normally expect form my blog and don't expect too much like this in the future because I am not very crafty, but I saw this on an episode of super scrimpers and with my sister and we thought it looked really cool! After I found myself bored with a lot of spare time over this half term I thought I would actually do it! It really isn't that difficult and took me about 10 minutes per heart!



Okay so here's what you are going to need:

  • A book you no longer want
  • A pencil
  • A ruler
  • A stapler (or glue)
  • Scissors
  • String (or ribbon)



Step 1: Rip out several pages of your book I am using one about horoscopes I got free with a magazine.


Step 2: Rule one of the pieces of paper into 3 


Step 3: Cut down those lines!


Step 4: Now draw lines on the bottom of two of them so they are different lengths.


 Step 5: Cut them too!
Step 6: Repeat all of the steps from step 2 again so you have 6 strips of 3 different lengths.


Step 7: Pull them all together going from left to right: Short, middle length, long, long, middle length, short


 Step 8: Staple them all together. (Please excuse my dusty stapler!)


Step 9: bend all of the pieces back on them self put to the same length then staple them together. 


Now you have your heart!

 Step 10: Repeat this for as many hearts as you want I chose to do 3.


 Step 11: Punch 2 holes in the top of the heart the further apart they are the better the hang of it. 

And that's it it looks so cool and it is so simple for those of us who are craftilly challenged and its dirt cheap too! Perfect! 

Please let me know if you liked this post and my other how to ones and any other things you want me to comment on. I think I will do another celebrity fashion post because I think they are my best ones, but I will do other stuff too.

With Love xx

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute and such a good way of recycling old books, definately gonna give it a go! :)

    the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty idea :) I don't think I have the heart to cut books up though :( x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome, I wish I could have one room just with 1000's of these hanging from the ceiling :') ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who loves to read.......I love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute!

    I'd love it if you checked out my blog!
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a nice/lovely decoration idea;}x

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank - you for reading my post I love to hear your comments please comment below your blogs so I can check them out and possibly follow!