Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Oscars vs. Brits


After the wild success of my review of the Bafta vs. Grammy post I thought I would do a review of another cross atlantic music v. film award fashion me-bob, so here it goes!

British in Black
 I think both of these girls look absoultly stunning! Adele shines in her Jenny Packham dress and Emeli plays it simple as both of these girls love to do normally. Bothof them winnning at their respective awards all I can say is well done and this will be close!

WINNER: Emeli Sande

Dare to Plunge.
 I must admit I am in love with Samantha's red carpet looks everytime! However Jessie J looks amazing on her last red carpet before the shaving her hair off for Comic Relief!

WINNER: Samantha Barks

Blue Belles
Well Jennifer Hudson always looks stunning in a red carpet floor length gown I love the embellishment on it too! Although Caroline Flack does look lovely in the wind with this flowy dress with nude heels!

WINNER: Jennifer Hudson

High Neck Hot Shots
Again surprizingly enough Anne Hathaway has made it on my best dressed but T. Swift looks amazing and was I think the best dressed at the Brits!

WINNER: Taylor Swift

Rose Tinted Glasses
Getting over her fall at the Oscars Jennifer stole some looks in this amazing dress by Dior, however Laura looks lovely in this dress. It was a grower for me thouh when I sawit on the red carpet show I wasnt too sure  but now I love it!

WINNER: Jennifer Lawrence

Embellished Ladies
Another Les Mis actress in my list again (but they do have amazing style!) Amanda is wearing Alexander McQueen but I don't think Aluna Francis is to be over looked she looks amazing! Much like Jennifer Hudson did at the Oscars!

WINNER: Amanda Seyfried

Pure and Simple
I have to say Leigh-Anne was the only member of Little Mix that looked like she had made an effort and it has payed off she looks amazing! Charlize looks so glamorous in her Dior dress she really is the face of the simple and elegant !

WINNER: Charlize Theron  

Shoulder Pads For The Win
Damn! Halle Berry is channelling the 20's in this Versace number. Even though I have no idea who Iggy Azelda is I think she looks really pretty in this dress!

WINNER: Iggy Azelda

So the overall winner is the Oscars but lets be honest it wasn't really a fair fight with all of the film world pulling out the big guns for this event but I thought that there was so many other lovely dressed women at the awards that I couldnt find a pair for so this is my highly commended list!


Jessica Chastain                                                                                                                     Amy Adams
   















Jennifer  Aniston                                                                                                                      Zoe Saldana


Well there it is! Did you agree with my choices? Let me know if you would like to see more of this!

With Love xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this Vs post :) Great comparisons,and so hard to pick a favourite.I personally love Jessie J's look alot more toned down than her usual style,letting her natural beauty shine through,stunning.And I have to say I love how taylor swift is dressing lately,alot more mature and sexy,that dress is stunning,I wasnt keen on her past style,to safe and the same style/cut dress over and over again.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog,and for your sweet comment,following your blog,loved this post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy! I nominated you for a Liebster Award :)
    Check out my link below for the rules and stuff! x

    http://cosmeticallycreative.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog post and agree with all of your winners! I will be following your blog so it would be great if you could check mine out please xxxxx
    http://myfashiontribe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post! Congrats on your Liebster award! Perhaps we could follow each other? Following you now, hope to see you back!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I pretty much agree with you on all of them. I love the idea of a post like this! Great job :)
    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank - you for reading my post I love to hear your comments please comment below your blogs so I can check them out and possibly follow!